Protecting Your Privacy
Aceit and its associated companies are committed to providing you with a high level of customer service. This includes protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information. We are bound by, and will abide by, the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”). This is in addition to our existing obligations under the Privacy Act.
What personal information do we collect and hold?In the process of conducting our business, we are likely to collect a wide range of personal information about you. The type of personal information we collect always includes your name, your residential address, email address, telephone/mobile numbers, credit card or debit card details and products and services we provide to you. If you choose not to allow us to collect this personal information we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require. For legal reasons this information may need to be held by us after your account has been finalised.
How do we collect personal information?
Aceit collects personal information directly from you when you order either online at www.aceit.com.au or in our stores or by telephone if applicable. There may be occasions when we collect information from publicly available sources or third parties.
How do we use personal information?
The primary use of the personal information we collect about you will be used solely for the purpose of processing your order and communicating with you about:
- returns and exchange authorisations;
- emailing you tax invoices;
- delivery of the products you have purchased;
- despatch and tracking information;
- providing you with the products and services you have asked for;
- administering your account;
- personalising your website experience;
- servicing our relationship with you.
After completing the checkout process, we reserve the right to include your e-mail address as part of our email communications for which you can unsubscribe if you choose. We may use your personal information for research and development of our products or to send you information about other products and services, which we provide, which may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use or disclose your personal information to organisations outside Aceit and its related companies for purposes relating to the management of your account with us. Such organisations include:
- electronic service providers who manage the services provided to you;
- mailing systems which organise delivery of the products you have purchased;
- maintenance and repair services;
- market research; and
- our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers and auditors.
We require these organisations to adhere to strict confidentiality about your personal information and also seek to ensure that they adhere to the National Privacy Principles As referred to in the Privacy Act (Commonwealth) 1988.
Aceit takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure. We have robust systems and procedures in place to protect your privacy whenever we collect, store, and use or disclose personal information. We are continually reviewing our procedures to ensure the highest standards of security is used to protect your personal information.
How to access and amend personal information
On request from you we will provide details of the personal information we hold about you. The release of information is subject to some exceptions such as information relating to existing or any anticipated legal proceedings, together with exceptions provided by the Privacy Act. Aceit reserves the right to charge a fee for providing access to your information. To protect your personal information, the request to Aceit must be in writing and can be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our objective is to respond to any request within a reasonable timeframe.
We also aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date and complete. Amendment of your personal information will be conducted upon written request from you.
Complaint lodgement and resolution
Aceit is committed to the protection of your privacy and personal information. Complaints you may have about your personal information can be lodged with Aceit at email@example.com. We will attempt to resolve any complaint within 7 business days. If resolution is not possible within this timeframe we will contact you to discuss the matter further.
How your information may be shared
- when requested by the courts or laws (for example, a subpoena) or regulation or is requested by a government agency;
- where we deem a company or an individual may be engaged in fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices that a governmental agency should be made aware of; and/or
- to appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
What happens in the event of a data breach?
How to erase your personal data
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party (Aceit Sports) cookies
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.